Cooling Tower Water Treatment
Industrial Cooling Towers – Biofouling and Legionella Growth
Industrial cooling towers are indispensable for process heat removal, and over time, industrial cooling towers are affected by scaling, fouling and corrosion issues that significantly impact the efficiency of the heat exchange process. These issues can result in the buildup of Legionella bacteria and other harmful microbial organisms, leading to potentially hazardous microbial outbreaks.
Engineered Solutions for Plug & Play water treatment
While cooling water towers are important in the context of keeping operations running smoothly, they might not be the primary pre-occupation when it comes to optimizing OPEX spending needs. Xylem puts at your disposal the engineering expertise and the state-of-the-art technology needed for the disinfection and efficient operation of your cooling tower systems.
Rental solutions drive flexible operations
Xylem’s containerized Ozone rental solutions allow you to:
- Try the technology to ensure that they are fit for your needs and allow you to ascertain that the solution works as intended
- Address production peaks by bridging the gap with our rental solutions while waiting for new equipment to be delivered
- Respond immediately to combat the threat of microbial outbreaks
- Bridge the gap during a planned or unplanned outage of your existing treatment and disinfection equipment on site
- Optimize your OPEX spending profile by leveraging our rental solutions portfolio while also benefiting from our application expertise to go along with our latest treatment technology
Xylem partners with a large scale industrial customer to replace chemical biocides in favor of Ozone to improve the efficiency and reduce the scaling/fouling issues for cooling towers. The containerized Ozone units from Xylem take little footprint and provide plug & play capability.
Xylem’s containerized Ozone treatment solution helps a pulp & paper producer in Italy to meet EU waste water discharge regulations while ensuring high availability to support the continuous operation of the bleaching line.