Xylem Watermark has committed to providing $500,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations that are working with our partners and customers to respond in the face of COVID-19. The Stakeholder Partner Community Grants Program allows for our global network of Xylem stakeholders to apply for funding for a COVID-19 specific community initiative that they are working to implement with a nonprofit partner.
- The nonprofit and proposed programming must be responding to a community need related to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or subsequent lock-downs.
- The nonprofit organization must be 501c3 or equivalent that is registered with Benevity (Xylem’s grants portal tool). Use the Benevity Search Portal to determine if your nonprofit partner meets this criteria.
- Discuss with the nonprofit if they are currently financially stable and are capable of handling their existing workload in the community in addition to the programming that the grant will require. Ensure that they have the resources to roll-out the new programming that the grant will fund.
- The organization must be able to measure and report the impact of their programming, and will be asked to support the applicant in completing a follow-up survey.
- Programming funded by the grant must be carried out within 3 months unless specified as long-term recovery.
- Prioritization will be given to grants which impact densely populated locations which are currently heavily impacted by COVID-19, or high-risk, low-resource locations which require advanced preparedness
- Prioritization will be given to grants which are related to the following focus areas:
- Watermark mission & focus areas: Emergency response, WASH, Value of Water, education, youth development
- Support & safety for critical services front line personnel: Preparedness, mental health resources, training, etc. for front line workers at utilities, health care, & critical care facilities, etc.
- Community sustainability & resilience: Provision of critical life resources (i.e. food, water, medical care), small businesses support, youth support & education, etc.
- Infection mitigation: Efforts to prevent the spread & impact of COVID-19 cases
- Xylem and Xylem Watermark do not favor any religious or political entities, and all submissions are pending review committee approval.
Grant Application & Disbursement Process
- After applying for a grant through the link below, applicants will receive an update regarding your approval status within 1-3 business days.
- Following approval, the funds will be disbursed to the nonprofit within 2-4 weeks.
- 30 days after the disbursal of funds, a follow-up survey will be send to the applicant. The applicant will be asked to work with the nonprofit to report:
- The status of the program & provide details on implementation
- Impact: How many people were impacted by the grant, and in what way?
- Share photos, videos, and stories of the community programming.
Application forms are currently open until August 1st, 2020.
Click Here to Apply for a Grant