Software Test EngineerEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Software Test Engineer at Vadodara India Technology Center. The ideal candidate will provide software development throughout the systems development life cycle, while focusing as early as possible on complex features and interfaces. Work closely with other development engineers, product and project managers, and other testing departments to develop software from the commercial specification. Test and Validate developed software with pump control system.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suites
- Test and validate developed firmware with pump control system and software
- Work closely with firmware and software engineers to assist in debugging, test, and end-to-end
- Work closely with the Global team and ITC engineering team to meet project goals
- and deadlines
- Test all aspects of system including hardware and user interface behaviors
- Set up and manage test environments
- Document and maintain system test specification and other related documents
- Interact with Product management, customers, marketing & sales in providing technical
- guidance on products developed
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding
- product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or selftraining.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Engineering Degree in Electronics or Computer Science
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in embedded and software system verification/testing or related fields
- Expertise in HIL (Hardware In Loop) system testing
- Test automation experience of embedded systems using LabView, Raspberry PI, MOXA etc.
- Experience in open source OS like Debian, Linux, Zephyr RTOS etc.
- Knowledge of industrial protocols such as DNP3 / ModBus / ProfiNet / ProfiBus / EtherCAT / OPC-UA / BACNET.
- Must have experience with programming in Python, Java, Java Script, C#, PHP for test automation
- Knowledge of standard test frameworks is added advantage
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following quality assurance methods: unit, integration,
regression, exploratory and user interface testing.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools like: TeamCity, Jenkins
- Working experience in Agile or scrum based methodologies and other tools like JIRA, BitBucket,
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive
- goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative and have demonstrated
- experience working with cross functional teams
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable with customers and a customer advocate
- Listens and works well in team environment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Fluency in English language is must
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Extensive lab testing, moving small equipment
- Electrical test labs, high voltage potentials.
- Pump controls & test machines and rooms, high voltage potentials, mechanical hazards
- (moving machinery), high temperature hazards (hot metal,