Project EngineerOperations | Axminster, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring timely, efficient, safe, and sustainable delivery of all allocated projects. They will be required to manage pump station refurbishment projects from start to finish alongside other projects as required. They will provide required reports and progress updates - including delivery plans, delivery progress, performance against budget, forecast revenues and forecast costs.
Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health & Safety at Work and Quality, in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the company.
Take lead responsibility to ensure that the Project Engineer's allocated portfolio of projects are delivered in a timely, effective and efficient manner - in order to meet Xylem's expectations and the expectations of the customer.
Work with customers and any sub-contract partners to ensure works are delivered within agreed budgets. Ensure Xylem delivers a consistently high level of service to all customers.
Project manage Engineering Technicians scheduled on allocated Projects.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Day to day Project Team management
- Manage own and team workload to ensure agreed deadlines are achieved
- Liaise with suppliers as required and ensure supplier deliverables are managed effectively
- Ensure all projects are planned, managed and delivered effectively and efficiently by the Project Teams - including ensuring works are delivered within agreed budgets
- Establish and maintain key relationships with customers - ensuring the customer is kept up to date in a timely manner regarding plans, progress and any issues
- Establish and maintain contacts with the Sales teams - keeping the Sales teams up to date in a timely manner regarding plans, progress and any issues
- Provide weekly and monthly forecasts of the revenue income for the portfolio/projects
- Ensure the commercial and contractual elements of each project are understood - and works are planned and delivered accordingly
- Work across Xylem to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and appropriate for the customer and for Xylem
- Attend site meetings & undertake site inspections when required
- The post-holder must comply with, plus ensure the team complies with, the Xylem's Health and Safety requirements as outlined in the H&S policy
- Undertake additional activities as required, commensurate with the level of the role.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Wastewater pump stations
- Ability to design and Project manage a pump station refurbishment
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Good commercial acumen
- Proven experience of experience of dealing with key customers in a professional manor.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.