Production ElectricianOperations | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
To install and commission all the electrical and associated electrical accessories and control equipment onto diesel driven, electrical driven and hydraulically driven equipment associated with the Godwin Pump Range.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Connection of Motors, Inverters & Generators up to 800KW
- Wiring pump sets fitted with diesel engines and control systems
- Understand control systems AC & DC and wiring diagrams.
- Read and understand schematic drawings
- To carry out any required maintenance in the factory in the absence of the maintenance personal.
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of others that could be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Promote and activity support a culture of continuous improvement in your area and support others.
- Support all departments to achieve all site objectives / goals.
- In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required. I have read and understand
- the contents of the above job description.
- Recognized Electrical Apprenticeship. City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Ability to work on AC/DC equipment (AC415 volt)
- Knowledge of diesel engines and control systems
- Good Computer Literacy Skills.
- Good trouble shooting Skills.
- Good team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- IPAF License (not essential)
- Forklift License. (Not essential)
- Moving of light loads using pallet trucks.
- Working in Canopy sets.
- The individual will be required to work as part of a team within the final Fit section, production test bed, development section, machine shop, fabrication workshop and all other areas of the factory.
- The individual will be required to work in designated noise zones, in areas where diesel engines are in operation and in areas where the ambient temperatures may be abnormal in summer months.
- On certain occasions the individual may be required to work in the yard area and may be required to work at height. (Scissor lift- cherry picker.)
- On occasion the individual may be required to work overtime.