Product Design (UX)Engineering | Washington D.C., United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem is looking for a Product Designer (UX) to join our global design team, where you will create elegant solutions to complex problems for our users. You will work alongside teams of engineers, product managers, and more to build the best workflows we can.
To be successful as a Product Designer within Xylem, you should love to dig in to problems of all sizes, focusing on understanding the users and representing them throughout. You should be comfortable asking questions to users and stakeholders, enjoy prototyping and iteration, and have a good eye for detail.
Xylem is focused on helping utility companies to understand their data in order to reduce costs and improve their operation. We’re looking for people who are passionate about design, patient and confident in their communication, and who change directions quickly. If this sounds like you, then we want to talk!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineering teams to deliver intuitive UX solutions. You’ll help lead the projects and their directions across the entire lifecycle and through launch.
- Learn about the challenges our customers face, and gain a deep understanding of the problem, our users, and their needs. You consider problems from multiple angles and explore different approaches until you’ve identified the best solution.
- Conduct user research, evaluate user feedback, and perform market research.
- Create low fidelity wireframes to communicate early stage concepts, as well as creating high fidelity mockups to communicate final solutions, and all of the other stages in-between.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Contribute to and promote our design system.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- You have 5+ years experience creating intuitive solutions. Experience working with and visualizing big data is a plus.
- You can demonstrate and communicate your UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio.
- You have experience creating prototypes that satisfy the different needs that arise through the lifetime or a project, and enjoy all stages of app design, from sketching to polishing.
- High proficiency in Figma desired.
- Bonus if you have experience with Agile/Scrum.
- You are a team player, communicator and facilitator and enjoy working with others to solve complex problems
- Remote based with a preference for the East Coast
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Role can be remote based with a preference for the East Coast
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $95,000 to $125,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.