Intern, Marketing Communications (Summer, 2023)College-University Recruiting | Rye Brook, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The hourly rate for an intern is dependent on a variety of factors including major, year in school and geographic location. The average hourly rate for an intern is between $21.00 - $27.00/hour. Locations of internships will vary based on the specified project and function, and will either be on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide a key role in driving Xylem thought leadership and helping the enterprise advance the global conversation about solving water through industry-leading technologies and innovation
- Identify, analyze and track key trends for use in key thought leadership collateral
- Brainstorm new and compelling ways to tell the story of how Xylem is driving the digital transformation of water
- Assist corporate marketing and communications in developing thought leadership materials across platforms: print, digital, video, etc.
- Help organize and align thought leadership assets across key areas of the business. Maintain and keep up to date event documents and agendas
- Other tasks as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Is attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing, or a related field. A background in environmental science and/or public policy is a plus.
- Experience in and passion for resource and environmental management and sustainability
- In-depth experience in research, benchmarking and analysis; and identifying and providing fresh perspective on resource management trends and innovation
- Depth of knowledge and confidence to bring forward compelling topics for thought leadership that distinguish and elevate the Xylem brand. Ability to develop ideas into fulsome thought leadership materials that advance knowledge among key stakeholders
- Ability to interview and interface with senior leaders within and outside the organization
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and is comfortable with engaging others and asking questions
- Has good technical and organizational skills
- Is fluent in social media and can create digital content
- Has the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
What you will gain from the experience:
- Experience working directly with senior business, marketing and communications executives
- Gain a deeper understanding of solutions and products in the utility market
- Exposure to and an understanding of integrated marketing programs and how they support the business
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.