Hydraulic Pump Mechanic: New EquipmentOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The position of Hydraulic Pump Mechanic: New Equipment is responsible for service, repair and maintenance of Xylem equipment in a safe and efficient manner at a Xylem Service Center.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Perform assembly of all new Xylem power packs and Hydraulic submersible pumps.
Create an accurate and legible parts list for assigned Xylem equipment.
Testing of all new equipment for proper operation and quality.
Assist production mechanics on new equipment accessories.
Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:Ability to diagnose common hydraulic, mechanical and electrical issues
Experience with diesel engine repairs
Basic knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques to repair and maintain equipment
Basic knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
Two to three years of hydraulic and mechanical experience or combination of training and experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standing eight (8) hours per day
- Using full range of physical motions associated with general labor work throughout the eight (8) hours to include walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing (to 3’), manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- Manual lifting and maneuvering of up to 50 pounds
- Equipment assisted (cranes/hoists) lifting and maneuvering exceeding 50 pounds
- Work using personal protective equipment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials.
- Travel: minimal, if requested
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.