Account Development ManagerSales | Any Location - Georgia, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, is a leading clean technology solutions company offering smart meters, communication systems, software and services for the electric, gas, and water industries. Sensus technology helps utilities drive operational efficiency and customer engagement with applications that include advanced meter reading, data acquisition, demand response, distribution automation, home area networking and outdoor lighting control, big data solutions and cloud-based management. Customers worldwide trust the innovation, quality and reliability of Sensus solutions for the intelligent use and conservation of energy and water.
Imagine working for a team of industry leading professionals providing real world, proven solutions for water, gas, and electric utilities. Envision yourself participating in the growth of the only US-based organization in the industry’s smart grid solutions portfolio, working with the largest Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) bases in the world and an extensively used Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) platform. Read below on how this critical role will impact our business objectives while helping the world!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Account Development Manager who will be responsible for direct and distribution channel sales of company products or services in a Georgia territory. The Account Development Manager handles all aspects of sales to prospective and current customers, provides technical and administrative product information, is responsible for produce presentation/demonstration, manages the distribution channel and is responsible for all pricing and quotations. Accountable for meeting company growth objectives through new customer development and sales growth optimization of existing accounts within the established geographic area and will be ultimately responsible for maximizing annual sales and profits developing and implementing sales strategies, and coordinating sales efforts of local distributor channels. The primary emphasis for this role will be new account sales of AMI networks and digital solutions across entire water cycle within the utility.
- Ability to understand the technical aspects of water measurement, including digital solutions and AMI networks
- Detailed knowledge of water utility behavior regarding revenue assurance, procurement, and customer engagement.
- Support and aid channel partners in both pre-sale and post-sale support.
- Ability to leverage SalesForce.com to manage sales funnel.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Availability for regular overnight travel
- Minimum of 8 years sales experience with products that are considered technical or complex.
- Sales experience in municipal, contractor, or distributor markets a plus, especially with metering and AMI products
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration or Marketing required. BS in an Engineering field or the equivalent is a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Must be located in or near the specific Georgia territory.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- This position can be remote based in Georgia
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.