Senior Cost AnalystOperations | Kempton Park, South Africa, South Africa
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Senior Cost Analyst
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The role is a member of the Integrated Supply Chain Finance Team for Africa. It is a dynamic team that supports all aspects of the operations activities for South and North Africa businesses. The team performes and supports Costing Processes, Inventory Management and Control, Budget and Forecast Processes of Manufacturing Businesses, Business Partnering of Operations Functions and SIOP strategy.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Standard Cost calculations and system updates for Manufacturing Businesses in South Africa and Algeria.
- Performs Costing and Inventory Controlling tasks as well as supports Stock Count Processes for all South Africa and Algeria entities.
- Performs Excess and Obsolete and slow moving inventory provisions calculations for South Africa and Algeria entities and provides insights to Supply Chain teams to manage them proactively.
- Performs Operations Scorecard metrics calculations like Direct and Indirect Inflation, Productivity, Savings and Economic ppv for South Africa and Algeria entities.
- Supports Operations KPIs calculations like Productivity, Efficiency and Utilization for the manufacturing businesses in South Africa and Algeria.
- Supports month end closure tasks and processes by ensuring the compliance to US GAAP and documentation availability as per Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines.
- Performs Actual Standard Cost and Margin Analysis by customer and by product to provide insight to stakeholders
- Supports ISCF Manager to prepare monthly Operations Business Review reporting packs for South Africa with various financial reporting and analysis, forecasts, budgets, and variance analysis for P&L and Working Capital
- Validates monthly XGP and CI saving actuals, provides excellent business partnering to Procurement and Supply Chain teams to achieve the saving targets.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks and requests from business as needed.
- Comply with Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct
- Establish a positive & collaborative atmosphere in the company.
- Cost Accounting and Product Costing (Standard Cost)
- Data Analysis
- Problem Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Inspiring accountability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Communication Skills
- External: NA
- Internal: Xylem Finance and Operations Organizations
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- SAP Knowledge is must
- One Stream Knowledge preferable
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience in US GAAP and SOX
- Strong Technical Accounting Skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Ability to communicate well with others
- General office work à Sitting, standing, typing on a computer at desk, participating in phone calls
- Office environment
Standard weekly job hours:
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).