Sales SpecialistSales | Any Location - United States, United States
We’re Hiring for a Sales Specialist YSI Biochemistry Analyzers!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
Xylem Analytics is a leading provider of premium laboratory analytical instrumentation for environmental, food and beverage, chemical, and pharmaceutical markets. The successful candidate will have a passion for matching products and services with Customer needs to improve throughput and lower costs. The selected candidate will represent the Xylem Analytics Laboratory Segment in the assigned territory by applying knowledge of products, pricing plans, competition, marketing objectives and sales skills, while providing feedback to the Company concerning market trends, competitive information, and new opportunities for existing/new products.
THE ROLE: The Sales Specialist will be responsible for supporting the National Sales Team in prospecting, demonstrating and closing sales of the YSI biochemistry family of analyzers and products. In this role, the incumbent will also be responsible for the support the YSI products and services to customers across the USA and Canada with defined sales target quotas. Professionally represent the company to the customer and the customer to the company in all sales and post-sale oriented activities. Apply knowledge of products, pricing plans, competition, marketing objectives and sales skills to sell company products/services. Provides feedback to the company concerning market trends, competitive information, and new opportunities for existing/new products/services}. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work directly with the National Sales Team to support sales, customer, and training of the biochemistry products and applications
- Work daily in with Salesforce.com, maintaining accurate notes of the sales process for each opportunity
- Travel across the USA and Canada to support the National Sales Team
- Secure orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility and contacting by phone/email/Trade shows/video conferences.
- Maintain high visibility, high profile schedule of customer contact and follow-up.
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationship with appropriate customer personnel.
- Maintain all opportunity logs in SFDC for activity including all customer contact.
- Perform Equipment Demonstrations as required, maintain and provide safekeeping of demonstration equipment.
- Maintains monthly forecasts accurately projecting current and future business.
- Identifying and sourcing new business resulting in the growth of the territory at or above target.
- Develops and communicates to management knowledge of competitors in territory, including competitive activities by assessing risks and highlighting product strengths and weaknesses, methods of selling and servicing, industry updates, new facilities opened, and new technologies being used.
- Administrative work including the maintenance of client information in company CRM (SFDC); file expense reports in a complete and timely manner; develop and deliver presentations; complete Monthly Business Review; prepare business plans for coverage of territory; and maintain and activity calendar.
- Establish and maintain communication with supervisor, inside sales, regional sales, marketing, customer support, and other inter-company personnel.
- Continued attention to personal appearance and demeanor.
- Participate and network in local market associations in which customers participate to become a vital part of the “culture” in which the customer base exists.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with business partners.
- Effectively utilize corporate resources to maximize return on resource investment.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- Minimum of 5 years of overall Sales Experience, with 3 years of experience in Bioprocessing or Clinical Blood glucose monitoring and with the YSI biochemistry analyzer family of products.
- General knowledge or experience in analytical chemistry
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related science or equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
- Must be well organized and highly motivated.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales process.
- Ability to manage multiple sales opportunities and tasks.
- Must possess reasoning ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and the metric system as well as apply mathematics to calculate discounts margins, percentages, volume etc.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is from a remote office with occasional work outdoors, including Pharmaceutical business, Clean rooms, Hospitals, Health Care Clinics, Universities and Food Processing Plants, with the possibilities of weather extremities and the use of PPE (Lab Coats, Safety Glasses, Gloves, Steel Toed Shoes, and Hard Hats. The physical demands may include, but are not limited to, regularly sitting, standing, and lifting up or moving up to 75 lbs. In addition, this role may require up to 50% overnight travel by car and plane, as required to support sales channels; a company vehicle will be provided.
The estimated salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.