Regional Product Support SpecialistSales | Any Location - North Carolina, United States
We’re Hiring for a Regional Product Support Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Regional Product Support Specialist will be responsible for working closely with Process Southeast Regional Sales Managers to provide directed support in all aspects but primarily assisting them with project management, customer training, trade shows, startup and on site trouble shooting. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support Process Regional and National Sales Managers in achieving their goals.
- Support Sales Initiatives and Campaigns as directed by National Sales Manager.
- Provide timely technical support to customers/representatives regarding YSI/MJK/OI TOC water quality instrumentation via phone calls, emails and site visits.
- Recommend Xylem product solutions based on customer’s application needs.
- Provide competitive selling information to customers (why buy YSI vs. competitor).
- Maintain YSI customer database (Oracle and Sales Force.Com).
- Manage key customer relationships.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, visit customers, perform training seminars and provide technical service/start up as needed.
- Enter customer leads into Salesforce for marketing follow up.
- Product quality, marketing and market intelligence information is to be shared with appropriate internal team members.
- Using Onvia, Gov.spend and Dodge, provide proactive market intelligence to RSM
- Provide product and pricing quotes.
- Travel (including air) up to30% may be required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- Degree in natural resources, chemistry, environmental, physical sciences or electronics engineering. Prior customer service experience is required.
- At least 2 to 3 years of technical experience such as in a field or lab water testing role, or working with analytical instrumentation is required.
- Excellent customer service skills (communication) are required.
- Ability to deal with complex customer requests or problems.
- Ability to analyze/interpret water quality data.
- Knowledge of analytical water testing instrumentation and applications.
- Working knowledge of PCs and PC software. (Oracle, Salesforce, MS Office, Shoretel)
- Typing rate of 40-45 words per minute preferred.
- Competent with various media options, i.e. phone, fax, e-mail.
- Physical demands of lifting up to 20 pounds from floor to waist or floor to shoulder level on an occasional basis.
- Customer service oriented with ability to resolve customer conflicts/problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analysis and decision making skills.
- Strong awareness to “follow-up” requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Technical proficiency, both mechanical and electrical.
The estimated salary range for this position is $55,000 to $70,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.