Manufacturing Test EngineerEngineering | Any Location - Hungary, Hungary
The Sensus Metering Systems companies are global world-class providers of water, gas, and electric meters including comprehensive metering communications system solutions that comprise both automatic meter reading (AMR) and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) systems.
Sensus USA, Inc. seeks to hire a highly motivated Manufacturing Test Engineer that will establish the overall software and hardware test strategy for AMI/AMR product lines. The successful candidate will embrace a team-oriented test-driven development process and will bring experience designing and implementing hardware and software solutions in C#, C++/ .NET. This position provides designs that meet utility and industry requirements as well as internal requirements for cost effectiveness, accuracy, functionality, performance, and reliability.
· Design, implement and sustain Test and Diagnostic HW and SW platforms at lab and factory environments.
· Design, implement and maintain Test Specifications, schematics, BOMs or any documentation related to test platforms.
· Verify initial products and identify manufacturability, testability, design and process deficiencies.
· Maintain previously developed product code, as required.
· Maintain previously developed hardware equipment, as required.
· Continuously refine and improve test programs, methods, and metrics to reduce product cost and increase test coverage and outgoing quality levels.
· Continuously refine and improve hardware, methods, and metrics to reduce product cost and increase test performance and outgoing quality levels
· Identify, analyze, and initiate corrective action when product design failures are uncovered by the test process.
· Help set production priorities and direction.
· Identify/Implement cost savings opportunities.
· Analyze and quantify data to resolve process, test and operational issues.
· 5+ years of C#, C++ development experience with at least 3 years developing products for high volume production
· Proficiency in Microsoft Visual Studio C#, C++ / .NET / Object Oriented design
· RF or mixed signal product functional test system development
· High volume product test experience is highly desired
· High volume SMT and product manufacturing experience is highly desired
· Strong knowledge of electronic theory, structured hardware fundamentals
· Good knowledge of test equipment market options, manufacturers, suppliers, latest test technology.
· Strong analytical, technical, problem-solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of RF, analog and digital circuitry
· Experienced in and strong believer in, test automation
· Must have ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
· Self-motivated; able to demonstrate initiative and operate independently
· Desire and ability to learn new tools, languages and design techniques
· Ability to evaluate and make recommendations on cost control, reliability and manufacturability issues and maintains aggressive development schedules
- Display organizational and leadership skills in a project team environment
- Understanding of Electrical Engineering principals is desired