Field Delivery Services ManagerOperations | Mira Loma, CA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Delivery Services Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Delivery Services Manager is accountable for leading a specialized team of field technicians/engineers committed to the safe execution of pipeline condition assessments within their region. The inspections are done using proprietary technologies which requires emphasis on technical documentation and training. The successful candidate must be technically adept and be committed to developing others. Finally, this individual must be a steward of safe work practices and behaviors. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Maintains high expectations of all team members to conduct themselves in a professional and safe manner on site.
- Helps solve the toughest client problems/project risks, with the support of technology specific subject matter experts; will be reliant on technical knowledge in operating water systems, pumping and operations.
- Leads and supports team members to create thorough inspection plans, ensuring that the data collected is quality and understands how it contributes to helping solve the client’s problem.
- Coaches team in client communications both written and verbal.
- Maintains financial accountability for onsite services/resources provided/required. Keeps Project Manager updated on costs and deviations from plan that may impact the budget.
- Through site managers, accountable for maintaining field budgets.
- Works closely with Resourcing Manager to monitoring and maintain utilization rates of hourly team, managing OT and down times.
- Works closely with Regional team to understand future delivery needs; creates training and development plans to support. The plans must focus on developing talent that is technology specific and aligns with the business plan.
- Accountable for the professional development of delivery team members through competency assessments/verifications and formalized training plans
- Is a health and safety champion, dedicated to setting the best example through personal behavior and choices and ensuring team members are properly trained and have required PPE and supervision to execute tasks safely.
- Ensures Site Managers consistently identify and manage operational risks and define contingency plans.
- Works with team to help distill field delivery problems down to manageable chunks; works with team to ensure key points are properly communicated to clients.
- Reviews regional field delivery statistics and provides immediate support to projects at risk.
- Ensures Key Performance Indicators are understood by team and consistently collected/documented.
- Liaises with specialized roles (i.e. Technical Product Leads, Engineering) to ensure Standard Operating Procedures are adopted and adhered to in the field.
- Provides feedback to engineering/Technical Product Leads on technical trends/requirements and ideas for safety and efficiency improvements.
- Works with peers to implement continuous improvement culture, dedicated to figuring out how the field delivery team can be safer and more efficient
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- 10+ years’ experience in a field-based setting within the water industry; with at least 2 in a leadership/mentorship capacity
- Proven understanding of water pipelines from an operational/maintenance perspective; knows how critical condition assessments are to the overall management of a pipeline
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage field technicians/engineers and lead diverse, geographically dispersed teams
- Passionate about the health and safety of people and the care/maintenance of tools and equipment; can speak to past health and safety statistics and personal role in maintaining a safe work environment
- Technically and mechanically proficient; proven ability to teach technical concepts to others
- Proven ability to create and manage budgets taking variable factors inclusive of but not limited to the economy, environment and the industry into consideration
- Has a continuous improvement mindset; consistently looks for ways to be safer, smarter, faster without compromising quality
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. The standard weekly job hours is 40 hours with extended hours as needed to meet customer requirements.
The estimated salary range for this position is $90,000 to $110,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.