Digital Solutions Application EngineerEngineering | Kempton Park, South Africa, South Africa
Xylem is a leading global water technology company with operations in more than 150 countries; a passionate, talented, and experienced workforce; well-known industry-leading brands and water solution products.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide application support, system architecture design, product management support and digital transformation strategy support for Xylem Monitoring & Control, Connected Products and Decision Intelligence Solutions. The role will establish itself as the engineering lead for Xylem Africa for digital products and solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Take ownership on all initiatives and projects concerning Xylem Africa Digital Solutions
- Digital Solutions product support (technical & commercial) to internal and external customers
- Application engineering – Working with the Xylem Africa Sales team to provide architecture design (M&C and DIS), proposal development and support (direct & facilitation from the Growth Centre)
- Project Management of business projects for digital solutions
- Engineering support to business projects where the scope includes Connected Products
- Develop tactics and lead initiatives resultant from the Xylem Africa Digital Transformation strategy
- Field support for M&C, Connected Products and DIS (diagnosis and solution implementation) to customers
- Establish the position as the primary interface between the Xylem Africa Commercial Team and the respective Growth Centres and Global Product Managers for Digital Solutions.
- Bachelor of Engineering/Science/Technology Degree in Electrical (Light Current)/Electronics or related qualification.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as an Engineer in an Industrial Automation (Instrument & Control) or as an Industrial Electrical Engineer.
- At least 5-7 years of experience within project management covering all aspects of the profession.
- Design & Field experience in digital communication systems and Industrial Networks i.e. PROFINET/PROFIBUS, MODBUS/MODTCP, ETHER IP, Industrial ETHERNET
- Design & Field experience in Low Voltage systems – MCC Design and VSD/VFD Design
- Design & Field experience in Industrial Control Systems - PLC/DCS, SCADA, Industrial Data Historians.
- Design & Field experience in process instrumentation and process control (Water/Waste Water Treatment will be Advantageous)
- Design & Field experience in rotating equipment control (Pump Control, Mixer Control, etc)
- Excellent communications skill – Full command of the English language written, spoken and capable of handling formal communications. French and/or Arabic will be advantageous
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills and a high level of personal and professional integrity. Capable of building and maintaining networks within Xylem and outside.
- Business and commercial sense and capability to see the “big picture”. Ablity to make decisions and prioritize based on consideration of all aspects.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to travel mainly in the Africa region but also to other parts of the world. Must hold a valid passport and be able to travel at short notice.
- Ability to work under pressure, and continue to support team members and maintain a good relationship with all stakeholders.
- Solutionist with a passion for innovation, self motivated to always be at the leading edge of technology and technology trends
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- High Engineering/Technical aptitude
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Communication and relationship building skills
- Design & Systems Engineering skills
- Technical sales skills
- Customer liaison skills
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Agility and Adaptation
- Digital Literacy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- CAD Design/Technical Drawings
- Strong character traits supporting Xylem Value Streams – Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Creativity & Accountability
- Strong Affiliation to Community Service volunteerism
Salary: Commensurate with experience and Xylem Water Solutions salary structure.
Consideration will be given according to the company’s Employment Equity Plan.