Training SpecialistContinuous Improvement | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for a Training Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Training Specialist is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing employee training programs within the Xylem – Morton Grove site. The specialist will evaluate training needs, create training materials and presentations, and conduct training sessions. The successful candidate will also monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make any necessary adjustments. The training specialist collaborates with other departments to ensure training programs align with business objectives and improve employee performance. The specialist will also stay updated with industry trends and best practices in training and development. Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential for this role.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide oversight and administration of the Plant training systems and procedures.
- Identify appropriate training solutions for employees/workgroups and develop, coordinate, and deliver the training.
- Implement and administer a comprehensive, electronic Training Administration system.
- Manage scheduling communications, track, monitor, and document employee participation in training activities, and maintain all training records.
- Design curriculum and partner with functional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop training content and delivery strategy.
- Delivers classroom and OJT training to manufacturing employees as appropriate.
- Develop and monitor spending plans against departmental budget.
- Maintain training program calendar and track fulfillment of training requirements for all plant employees.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record training activities for program effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as industrial engineering, manufacturing technology, educational technology, or adult education.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing-related environment, with experience in developing and delivering technical and safety training programs.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, equipment, and systems, as well as knowledge of regulations and standards related to safety and quality in manufacturing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and proficiency in MS Office and other training software.
- Solid IT/computer application skills, including full proficiency with Office Suite.
- Strong relationship-building and negotiating skills.
- Analytical, troubleshooting, and influential skills
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world's water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodation will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.