Technical Sales RepresentativeSales | Any Location - United States, United States
We’re Hiring a HYPACK Technical Sales Representative!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The HYPACK Technical Sales Representative will possess a strong technical background, pay great attention to details, combined with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to effectively promote and sell our technical products and services to current and prospective clients. In this role, the incumbent will play a crucial role in driving revenue growth by identifying new business opportunities, nurturing client relationships, and providing expert technical support to customers throughout the sales process. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Product Knowledge: Maintain a deep understanding of our technical products or services, their features, advantages, and applications to effectively communicate their value proposition to potential customers.
- Sales Prospecting: Identify and research prospective clients, industries, and markets to generate new leads and expand the customer base.
- Consultative Selling: Collaborate with potential customers to understand their technical needs and challenges, offering tailored solutions and guiding them through the decision-making process.
- Presentations and Demos: Conduct persuasive and informative product presentations, demonstrations, and technical workshops both in-person and virtually to showcase the benefits of our offerings.
- Relationship Building: Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers, technical influencers, and stakeholders to nurture leads and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Sales Cycle Management: Manage the entire sales cycle from initial contact through contract negotiation, closing deals, and post-sale follow-ups.
- Technical Support: Provide expert technical guidance and assistance to customers during the pre-sales and post-sales phases, addressing any inquiries or issues that arise.
- Market Intelligence: Stay up to date with industry trends, competitors, and technological advancements to identify new sales opportunities, contribute to the HYPACK product road map, and stay ahead in the market.
- Sales Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, customer interactions, and sales forecasts using CRM tools.
- Sales Targets: Meet and exceed sales targets, contributing to the overall revenue growth of the company.
- Travel documentation: Maintain valid US state driver’s license and passport, as well as ability to obtain foreign visas, as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology) or equivalent (more than 5 years) experience in practice, solving technical situations, and delivering technical training in hydrographic survey and/or dredge operations.
- Sales Experience: Proven track record in technical sales, B2B sales, or a related field, with a solid understanding of the sales process and a history of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Technical Acumen: Strong technical aptitude and ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly. Prior experience in selling technical products or services is a plus.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interpersonal Skills: Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Problem-Solving: Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to address customer challenges effectively with creative and innovative solutions.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and handle multiple sales opportunities simultaneously, often working independently.
- Travel: Willingness to travel to customer sites, industry events, and trade shows as needed, both domestically and internationally.
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, the working environment is a combination of office-based, in the field (working with customers outdoors, on their survey boats, dredge machines, and offices), as well as attending industry conferences and tradeshow events, working from your hotel room. During conference and tradeshow events the physical demands may include, but not limited to, standing and/or sitting for long periods of time (4 hours or more), lifting 50 pounds and using ratchets and wrenches when assembling materials for exhibition stands. When traveling, you may be required to attend social networking events (dinners, galas, or otherwise, which often extend the workday beyond the traditional 8 hours). In addition, this role may will require 25-50% travel, both domestically and internationally, and working during weekends, nights, on-call as a regular part of the job, occasionally.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $81,000 to $108,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.