Sr. Full Stack DeveloperEngineering | Aguascalientes, Mexico, Mexico
We’re Hiring for a Sr. Full Stack Developer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Sr. Full Stack Developer will be involved in designing and implementing end to end solutions to complex problems. From user interactions to APIs to persistence you will build the absolute best user experience. And you’ll do all this with the latest tools and technologies. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
· Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
· Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem’s software offering.
· Building containerized backend and middle-tier services using Docker, uWSGI, Flask, C++ RestSDK, and similar tools
· Supporting the development of compelling web pages using cutting-edge technologies
· Working with large geospatial, relational, and time series database environments
· Translate proof-of-concept scripts and analyses into production code
· Maintain and improve both on-premise and cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
· Engineer code that is standardized, efficient, and well documented.
· Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas. Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic that sets a leading example for others.
· 5 years minimum of Backend, Middle-Tier and/or Frontend development in a team environment.
· Proven ability to develop applications in start-up and large scale, high performance environments.
· Experience with a variety of DB technologies (SQL, Postgres, Mongo, InfluxDB, or similar
· Experience with one or more web frameworks (ex: Angular, React, Vue, Svelte)
· Experience working with RESTful web services.
· BS or greater in Computer Science or related field.
· Experience with designing and deploying RDBMS and noSql datastores.
· Experience designing and deploying middleware services and restful APIs.
· Experience with microservice architectures.
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other containerization/orchestration technology.
· Cloud exposure, particularly AWS.
· Experience with Agile methodology for building software.
· Experience in the geosciences or an environmental engineering field
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.