Sr. Full Stack Developer-1Engineering | Aguascalientes, Mexico, Mexico
We’re Hiring for a Full Stack Developer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Full Stack Developer will be involved in designing and implementing end to end solutions to complex problems. From user interactions to APIs to persistence you will build the absolute best user experience. And you’ll do all this with the latest tools and technologies. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem’s software offering.
- Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
- Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture.
- Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented.
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 4-8 years related work experience.
- Proven ability to develop back end and frontend services in a large scale, high performance environment.
- Phyton & Java Spring Framework development experience
- Experience working with REST, SOAP, and creating web services.
- Build Python utilities to support data processing.
- Experience in Data heavy applications
- Experience with server-side MVC containers and Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Experience with Agile methodology or similar lean startup approach to building software.
- Experience in IOT platforms would be a plus.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies and able to work independently.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication skills, resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.