Sales Engineer / Representante de VentasSales | Bogota, Colombia, Colombia
Sensus salesman is the point of contact for all opportunities of Sensus products and Services for the territory assigned, responsible for strategy deployment in Micro and Macro measurement, growing the market through purchase agreements and proposals case by case established mainly with Water Utilities, but also with constructors and 3rd parties established in accordance with the sales plan. Also, will provide all the support and proposal preparation needed for offers under U$150k as a “short cycle”, but also has the responsibility to prepare and support bids equal to or over U$150k as a “long cycle” with a dotted line to the project manager. Also, this associate is responsible for service activities to support Sensus products and Warranty claims when will be required. As the success of this execution is related to inventory availability, the prediction of stock is part of its responsibility. Take leading for homologation process and local test if required for every flowmeter.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To look for sales opportunities in a “short cycle” for all Sensus Products in Colombia & Ecuador.
- To present reports for Key, FSO, Weekly, Outlook, Forecast, and OP Plan activities.
- Coordinate workload with direct Supervisor and coordinate with Customer Service inventory to support sales activities. To be involved in an active manner in every internal order to the factory.
- To train in all Sensus products and services, not only as required, but also by him/herself to learn about product features, capabilities, and Xylem solutions.
- Interact with customers and sales team members to catch specific design requirements/criteria.
- In coordination with the Xylem Different Pump Factories, both technical and economical, to prepare proposals for simple or large complex measurement systems.
- Tracking every single request for the budget/quotes pipeline.
- Attend technical meetings to discuss key projects and to establish long-term technical relations with process engineers for Consultants and End Users, taking care of the approval and homologation process in every customer.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers and employees
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel (Advanced)
- Solid math skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently with initiative.
- Resourceful and well organized; efficient and detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to complete tasks properly.
- Strong oral and written communication skills Knowledge of import/export processes, regulations, laws, and methods
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles such as debits and credits
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s in engineering, hydraulic, business administration, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Metrology and flow measurement equipment or equivalent studies in this area.
- 2-3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Fluid English as a second language written & oral skills.
- Water network design and operation
- Knowledge of Water Utilities bids process and requirements
- Capabilities for technical proposals of Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) / Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) projects and Meters Supply bids.
- Able to keep an open line with Xylem's GC (Meters/Services/Analytics) in order to develop proposals for Smart Water Projects.
- Colombian technical regulations applicable to drinking water meters, contained in NTC 4064-1:2016 and NTC 4064-2:2016.
- Other technical regulations for all territory assigned.
- Remote Work