Project ManagerEngineering | Milwaukee, WI, United States
We’re Hiring for a Project Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
Your Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Project Manager at our Global Water Center in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The PM will be responsible for overseeing the equipment design, coordinating the review and approval of equipment submittals, scheduling production, and handling any issues during installation. In addition, the PM will manage the scope, schedule, and cost of the equipment to deliver the project on time and under budget.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review project documents; examples include contracts, plans, specifications and all related documentation in their entirety and tailor project deliverables accordingly.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers, consultants, suppliers, representatives and colleagues as necessary to effectively execute project deliverables.
- Review technical design and layout.
- Review and prepare data packages, submittal, and fabrication drawings.
- Review all electrical, mechanical, and civil aspects of project with appropriate staff.
- Document and communicate all deviations to the contract in the submittals.
- Upon receiving approvals from customer, release all equipment to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure compliance with project schedules.
- Interface with Operations staff for supply chain deadlines.
- Coordinate scope of work and pricing with third party vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare schedule of values for billing purposes.
- Coordinate installation and commissioning services.
- Issue warranty letter and follow project through warranty period. Notify appropriate accounting/finance personnel of warranty start and end dates.
- Travel to project sites, supplier's factories and technical conferences as required.
- Maintain an understanding of core process and control systems.
- Assist with product research and development as required.
- Participate and lead special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Business Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- 2-10 years of experience in engineering related capacity; ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Possess the required communication, problem solving, organizational and leadership skills for internal and external customer service and be a self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Professional Engineer and/or Project Management (PMI) certifications preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications.
Day In The Life:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to travel via plane and car
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Administrative - computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery; such as, fax machines, copiers and printers.
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements at municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.