Project EngineerEngineering | Edison, NJ, United States
We’re Hiring for a Project Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Project engineer will be responsible for analyzing condition data to make recommendations that will influence long-term maintenance and management plans for water pipelines. This candidate will rely on engineering principles to generate structural calculations, perform pipeline forensics, and provide visual pipeline inspections to help clients proficiently manage their pipeline infrastructure. We offer a full benefits package including FTO, 401k and an investment savings plan.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Analyzes multiple data points to create technical client reports; inclusive of conclusions and recommendations that will help clients turn an inspection or series of inspections into meaningful pipeline management plans
- Accountable for completing a variety of pipeline calculations, including but not limited to pipe loading, design checks and hydraulics/surge analysis
- Completes pipeline forensic work as part of pipe failure investigations, interventions from AFO or other inspections, verify pipeline results (i.e. wall loss, wire breaks), and pipeline degradation mechanisms for water and wastewater
- Completes internal pipeline inspections without the use of tools/technologies
- Performs sounding inspections on PCCP and visual inspections of all pipelines using SOP’s as the basis for observations
- Trains and mentors Field Delivery Technicians/Engineers and peers on the science of internal inspections that are not reliant on the use of tools/technology; will be responsible for creating and maintaining SOP’s to support these inspections
- May participate, under the supervision of a Sr. CAE, in client meetings to further support proposals or findings included in the client technical report; are treated as subject matter experts
- Make recommendations for the management of pipeline networks based on the interpretation of Remaining Useful Life calculations
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering related field with 3 or more years’ experience in the water industry in a technical role, preferably in the space of pipeline condition assessment
- Intermediate technical knowledge of the technologies available within Assessment Services (the business unit); detailed knowledge of when to use each of the technologies and the limitations of each
- Currently holding or working toward professional engineering registration/designation highly preferred
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment; developing and contributing subject matter expertise
- Proven ability to take initiative, seek out problems to solve and communicate highly technical concepts in terms less technical individuals can understand
- Demonstrates thorough attention to detail with proven practice of rechecking personal work, work of others and seeking second opinions as required
- Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrix environment that is highly collaborative
- Demonstrate confidence when speaking with senior leaders and clients; can engage in technical discussions with an open mind and can be persuasive and influential when needed
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $80k to $100k plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.