Finance ApprenticeFinance | Basingstoke, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Colour and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This role will provide support to the Management Accountant to ensure the team delivers against statutory and management reporting obligations and Xylem’s strategic objectives. This role reports to the Financial Controller.
As a Finance Apprentice within our Finance team, you will be responsible for assisting the team with junior accounting duties. You will have an incredible opportunity to be an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within our business.
The company will support you in your studies, which will lead to a nationally recognised and accredited (AAT) qualification. We will fully support you to achieve this and provide additional on the job learning which will help develop you further.
- Accounts Receivable: Allocate customer receipts to open invoices, issue weekly statements and make customer master changes when required
- Accounts Payable: Assist with invoice coding enquiries and supplier payments
- Cash and Bank: Prepare bank reconciliations, submit ad hoc payments, assist in preparing monthly FX hedge reports to Group
- Intercompany: Prepare monthly intercompany statements and confirm balances with fellow Group companies, claim outstanding items through treasury netting, download and post monthly netting entries in SAP
- Inventory: Book in goods received in SAP, match goods received notes to invoices
- Other: Prepare and post month-end journals, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, maintain expense trackers
- Assist with various one-off queries
- GCSEs at grade 4 or above in Maths and English are essential
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams
- Eager to learn about working in finance
- Effective communication skills - written and verbal - with the ability to work well in a team
- Demonstrates passion and approach all tasks in an enthusiastic way
- Self-motivated and self-aware – recognises own development needs and is committed to personal growth
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrable high integrity and ethical standards
Occasional national and international travel may be required.