Field Operator/CDL (A or B)Operations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Operator – Commercial Driver’s License (CDL Driver). 4 Weeks Paid Time Off!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The position of Field Operator- Commercial Driver License (CDL Driver) is responsible for supporting the delivery, installation and operation of Xylem equipment on Xylem Service Center sites and/or customer job sites. Will maintain a clean and orderly work site environment to enable safe and efficient movement of workers and motorized equipment throughout the site. Xylem will provide paid training for CDL upgrades. Full benefits package available to include 4 WEEKS paid time off, health, dental, vision, 401k, and several miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify or verify equipment delivery or collection with customers and perform inspections assessing if damages are present
- Maintain a detailed log of hours of service utilize Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) in accordance with state and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) guidelines
- Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load and secure equipment on and off trucks and trailers
- Secure loaded items on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines
- Perform vacuum checks on installed pumping systems (as needed) and thoroughly inspect and evaluate condition of pipe, hose and fittings upon dismantling
- Prepare Bill of Ladings (BOLs) to load equipment from the job site and ensure material handling equipment and/or personnel are available
- Travel locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems; Ensure pumping system and pipeline meet operational requirements.
- Ability to work flexible hours & extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
- Some duties are location/site specific and additional duties may be required based on the business needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years’ experience in the construction industry preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) with good driving record; (Class B or willingness to upgrade to Class A license preferred)
- Ability to obtain Department of Transportation Medical card (may obtain after hire), meet FMCSA age requirements and obtain Hazmat endorsement, if needed
- Experience operating heavy industrial equipment such as flatbed trailers, telehandlers, skid steers etc.
- Basic computer skills and ability to read design documents or other layouts as necessary
- Forklift certification preferred
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, the working environment is subject to temperature fluctuations, noise, and fumes within limits of OSHA standards. The physical demands may include but not limited to sitting and standing for long periods of time, reaching, bending, and moving about the facility, and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Travel of up to 50% as required to fulfill the needs of the job.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $44,000 - $70,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.