Agile CoachEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring for an Agile Coach!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Agile Coach will drive adoption and implementation of Agile within the Sensus software platforms. The Agile Coach will also support Agile adoption within hardware development projects across the Water & Energy Measurement business unit. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The ability to influence change through subject matter expertise and experience as well as having the unique ability to excite and motivate teams through effective communication.
- Guides teams on agile principles and scaled agile governance models
- Create, enhance and deliver training material / workshops as needed to establish fundamentals
- Able to coach 3-4 teams concurrently of varying experience levels
- Participates on and helps lead Community of Practice groups
- Participates on Agile Transformation Office(ATO) with an agile backlog, may interface to the VP level Transformation Leadership Team
- Skilled at mentoring Product Management, Product Owner, Scrum Master roles to provide 1-1 coaching on best practices and deliver feedback
- Coaches Scrum Master guidance of teams through standard Scrum delivery workflow and meetings
- Able to conduct agile assessments to identify gaps and drive improvements
- May lead medium-large initiatives across the agile transformation space
- Lead process improvements which influence organization and enterprise level changes
- Helps to keep teams focused on what matters most.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business field preferred
- 4+ years of agile coaching experience with Scrum and Kanban models
- Multiple agile coaching certifications with at least one scaled agile certification preferred
- Experience in a product development organization delivering hardware/software solutions to meet market needs
- Experience in a scaled agile environment
- Highly skilled with team up to organization level metrics to monitor and guide transformation activities
- Proficient in Atlassian based tools (Jira, Confluence, etc).
- Proficient awareness of CI-CD/DevOps fundamentals and ability to guide teams in this space
- Recognized as an expert with organizational change management, facilitation and conflict resolution to guide teams through challenging transitions
- Proven capability to train, mentor and guide team members to support the agile process
- Able to communicate effectively to executive levels on agile transition progress and next steps
- Self motivated, self starter who is a continuous learner, seeking novel and efficient mechanisms to solve problems and improve all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience communicating with internal and external audiences.
- Approximately 5% travel required.
The estimated salary range at this professional level is $120,000 to $135,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Wellness programs, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.