Master Scheduler - HybridOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for a Master Scheduler!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Master Scheduler will be responsible for end-to-end planning and execution to ensure supply is matching demand by optimizing safety stock parameters, master scheduling assembly cells, expediting supply gaps and managing demand requirements planning (DRP) from our key factories. In this role, the incumbent will also manage back-office processes for accounts payable, information technology, and continuous improvement. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ensure finished goods and component safety stock levels are maintained to meet on time delivery targets and achieve overall inventory turn goals.
- Work directly with buyers, suppliers, and plants to close supply gaps to maximize on time delivery performance and minimize stock outs.
- Responsibilities also include managing distribution supplies, ensuring that PO’s are paid on time and to act as the primary support for information technology issues / improvements.
- Tactical support of the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process including working with customer service and scheduling to ensure customer needs are met.
- Responsible for meeting inventory targets, minimizing E&O and ensuring stock rotation.
- Oversee plan for every part analysis to include finished goods, Kanban WIP and raw material.
- Work with operations team to determine minimum stocking levels for all supplies required to operate the distribution center.
- Place orders with suppliers for consumables, office supplies, outside services and MRO items and work with suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply.
- Work closely with shared services to make sure PO’s are being paid on time.
- Work with Sr Operations Manager in prioritizing IT efforts to develop information systems for operations team. Critical team member on MRP/ERP improvement projects.
- Conduct daily review of customer orders and coordinate with branch operations to maximize on time delivery performance.
- Act as primary contact for order expediting requests. Coordinate with operations to execute requests and provide feedback to internal and external customers.
- Process system generated DRP requests to replenish inventory to branches from factories.
- Complete on-time delivery root cause analysis and develop correct actions.
- Develop and maintain management reports as required.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to meet Xylem’s inventory objectives.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- 5 years master scheduling, operations or materials experience.
- Advanced analytical skills and expert knowledge utilizing MS Excel , Tableau, and BI tools.
- In-depth experience utilizing ERP/MRP & Kanban execution systems.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including ability to effectively coach, motivate, empower, develop and evaluate employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Continuous improvement (CI) tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal customers.
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong bias for action, and effective change agent.
- Proficiency in managing and facilitating teams through problem solving and conflict resolutions.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field
- APICS CPIM (preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt / Lead Master certifications (preferred)
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.