Manufacturing-Assembler- All ShiftsOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for an Assembler!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Assembler will be responsible for performing all operations necessary to complete and test any of the units or products.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Under limited supervision, performs all operations necessary to complete and test any of the units or products.
- Work to samples and instructions (written and verbal) as required.
- To thoroughly understand the use of any equipment required in the testing operations.
- Must be able to check and verify the proper working condition of the test equipment per M&M Quality and Environmental System guidelines.
- To be able to set-up the required equipment and fixtures.
- To inspect parts and assemblies for adherence to quality standards, and report problems to the group leader or a management team member.
- To be able to perform the assembly and sub-assembly operations of the products in which you test.
- To do required PM's (preventative maintenance) on any of the equipment used.
- To fill out required paperwork such as stock reqs, scrap sheets, test rack reject forms, and DMR's.
- To be aware of and follow all M&M Quality and Environmental guidelines pertaining to the job.
- Perform other related work as required by the group leader or a management team member.
- Must read, write and speak English
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to coolants, noise, fumes, electrical current, chemicals and equipment with moving parts. The physical demands may include but not limited to good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, kneel, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers and use the fingertips to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape and surface finish.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.