Warehouse Attendant - All ShiftsOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Warehouse Attendant to support our Morton Grove, IL manufacturing operations. We are hiring for all shifts - 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Unloads incoming material from carrier checking material for identity and quantity. Signs freight bills and all related receipts and provides clerk with necessary records such as: bill of lading, packing slip, invoice etc. Places material in storage area or delivers to appropriate cost center.
- Receives, checks, identifies, stores and issues raw and in process material. Delivers material to designated areas or cost center.
- Oversees assigned area of responsibility making sure all stock is identified and kept in a neat and orderly manner and is obtainable at all times.
- Operates all forms of gas, electric or manual material handling vehicles and equipment such as but not limited to forklift trucks, aisle stackers, dollies and yard crane.
- Operates overhead crane from booth or by remote control from the floor. Loads, unloads and moves heavy material, parts and equipment to designated areas or cost centers. Hooks up material as required.
- Visually and/or dimensionally checks material, supplies, parts sub-assemblies and finished product for shortages, defects and non-standard conditions. Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortages, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and performs preventative maintenance as assigned. Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must read, write and speak English
- Must have a working knowledge of mathematics (addition - subtraction - multiplication - division.)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to extremes of heat and cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dust, and chemicals including cleaning solvents and paint, working on or around equipment with moving parts including forklift trucks and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outside and require exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, kneel, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)