Sr. Organizational Change Management Specialist - RemoteInformation Technology | Any Location - United States, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem’s global Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program is a multi-year technology transformation focused on simplifying and migrating our legacy ERP systems to one of two ERP products. We have an opening for an Organizational Change Management (OCM) Manager, responsible for providing a well-coordinated and fully integrated global OCM program and strategy. This position reports to the Director of Organizational Change Management and Training for IT and works with ERP program management team and senior leaders to create the program governance structure and to define program and project success metrics. The OCM Manager works directly with the ERP program and project leads to develop and maintain a master change management plan and work breakdown structure and integrate them into the program and project plans.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities: Create and implement OCM strategy and plans (sponsor, people manager, communications, training, and transition and sustainment). Design and implement playbooks and tools based on the Prosci© methodology for local OCM and business, providing a scalable and repeatable process for ERP projects.
- Lead change management efforts: Is accountable for the execution of change management workstreams and tasks in a global and matrix environment. Coach and advise senior leaders, people managers, and project leaders to perform their roles in change. Supervise a diverse team of change management employees and vendors, delegating work, ensuring quality standards, and balancing workloads. Review and provide input to vendor OCM statements of work.
- Manage OCM delivery: Direct, train, and mentor the internal OCM team, and review and approve delivery from vendor resources. Establish key change milestones and delivery timeline, and partner with program and project managers. Ensure the change task or workstream remains on track by conducting routine assessments to validate progress and outcomes. Create, monitor, and report user adoption metrics to track the effectiveness of the OCM activities. Gather lessons learned and create OCM project closure report.
- Oversee communication workstream: Accountable for a coordinated communications and engagement plan for internal and external audiences. Provide direction and support to the team to ensure that multiple methods and channels are leveraged to reach targeted stakeholder audiences. Partner with corporate and internal communications teams.
- Supervise training workstream: Accountable for a comprehensive training plan and coordinated delivery for internal and external audiences. Review training requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Address resistance: Monitor the people side of risk, make recommendations to mitigate risk and escalate unresolved risk to project and senior leaders.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Change Management or relevant concentration
- Has a Prosci change management certification
- 10+ years of organizational change management experience working with a structured change management methodology, communications, change communications, employee engagement
- Experience delivering change management for ERP implementations, specifically SAP and Infor
- Able to solve complex problems, guided by policy, procedures, and business plans with limited input from senior managers
- Proven ability to produce high quality deliverables, and set delivery standards for change management team members
- Successfully managed a global, geographically dispersed team
- MBA or master’s degree in Change Management or relevant concentration
- Recognized OCM expert
- Served as a trusted advisor for project managers, product owners, and senior leaders to engage them in change
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Experience coaching and advising senior leaders, people managers and project teams; training and mentoring team members to deliver change management activities
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development –To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards –We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark– Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $140,000 to $155,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.