Production Supervisor 3rd shiftOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Production Supervisor is responsible for managing production personnel and providing oversight for the manufacturing activities of assigned product lines; the role will act as the primary onsite contact for the third shift (10:00PM – 6:30AM). He or she will understand functional departments that impact production under his/her purview and act as liaison to help bridge the communication between assembly processes. Key focus areas include directing and documenting training, production volume and quality, and working closely with Product Planning to ensure successful on-time delivery to our customers. Additionally, the Production Supervisor will utilize lean tools to improve upon or excel operational efficiencies.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Promote and support safety values while ensuring safety compliance
- Work with Product Planners to set and prioritize the production schedule for the week/day to ensure on-time delivery based on customer need
- Notify essential department/personnel when production issues arise, and aid in troubleshooting and resolving these issues
- Oversee the production volume, assigned CART quantities, resource utilization and quality of production
- Oversee, coordinate and document all training for production personnel
- Help develop A team players and maintain cross-training matrix
- Maintain operations daily calendar including overtime and personnel time tracking
- Work with the operators and manufacturing engineering in identifying continuous improvement opportunities within product lines (i.e., reduce scrap and rework and cost of poor quality)
- Support the materials flow to the production cells
- Conduct root cause corrective action for issues related to operator training and execution
- Identify skill set gaps, align and utilize resources accordingly
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback to personnel on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for all aspects staffing including hiring and onboarding
- Direct and assist any third shift Shipping and Receiving staff in alignment with that team’s leadership guidance.
- All other activities identified by Operations Management in support of operations goals and objectives
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment
- Available to work weekends as required
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision and direction
- Collaborative mindset, committed to “bigger picture”
- Be computer literate with emphasis on Oracle and Microsoft Office applications
- Possess a sense of urgency when production issues occur to support operators
- Ability to work with general manufacturing hand tools, computers, and electronics
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with cross functional employees to help drive significant improvements in business performance
- Experience working in a heavily matrixes work environment where leading through influence is key for success
- Preferred knowledge/background in manufacturing concepts such as Lean, Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, KanBan, or ISO 9000
- Preferred experience in implementing, leading, and managing 5S/CI concepts and strategies
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the cells and facility
- General production/assembly environment
- Weekly work schedule will be Sunday night (10:00PM) to Friday morning (6:30AM) with an occasional Saturday work required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.