Production SchedulerOperations | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring for a Production Scheduler!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Production Scheduler will be responsible for creating, monitoring, and analyzing production schedules from the beginning of a job to the product by working as a team with the CFT. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Schedule the production process and departmental activities relating to material, employee, and equipment availability.
- Monitor production process, workflow, and schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Efficiently assign production to minimize company costs and meet delivery deadlines.
- Review production specifications, identify, and report plant capacity constraints.
- Resolve production, manpower and material shortage problems quickly in an order of priority.
- Work with Management to execute and implement process improvements.
- Ensure that materials and equipment are pre-arranged for production.
- Work with managers to develop potential solutions to improve production performance.
- Coordinate with production, purchasing, and finance teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters.
- Generate daily or weekly production reports to managers for critical decision-making purposes.
- Develop production schedules in accordance with sales forecast, plant, and employee capacity, and new business opportunities.
- Develop ship plan along with Planner/Buyer, making sure the materials team can support the plan.
- Maintains RCCP
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Logistics, or other relevant discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience in various aspects of operations, supply, and manufacturing.
- Skilled at multi-tasking with flexibility and adaptability to changing schedules and shifting priorities.
- Possess knowledge of customer ordering and inventory practices and fulfillment processes.
- Good working knowledge of the processes and systems that reside across the supply chain.
- Possess strong analytical skills and overall business acumen knowledge; excellent math and logical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); proven ability to communicate effectively cross functionally within the company.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Ability to work off hours and overtime (including weekends) as needed.
- Ability to Travel up to 25% of the time.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, JIT and Kanban is a plus.
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment that demands a cooperative approach in addressing issues, a willingness to contribute to problem solving efforts, a helpful nature in assisting coworkers, and a positive attitude.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: noise, fumes, dust, and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outdoors and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions. Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.