Hydraulic Design EngineerEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
This position is part of an overall hydraulic Community of practice supporting our centrifugal pump product development. The role includes pump product development support, using legacy method and Commercial CAD and turbomachine design softwares. The candidate is required to have a solid understanding of fluid dynamics and CAD knowledge with the focus on fluid machinery interaction with adiabatic, incompressible flow.This position assumes close collaboration with global R&D Team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provides hydraulic and mechanical design support to global team for the centrifugal pump, vertical turbine pump product line.
- Hydraulic design of new pumps or improvement of existing pumps using legacy approach or by using appropriate design software.
- 3D surface modeling and creation of fluid domain for CFD analysis.
- Low end flow simulation for quick design review.
- Suggest design changes to improve the product performance.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine whether the design meets functional & performance specifications.
- Interaction with global value center team, mechanical design team and marketing and performance testing team.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Master Degree (Aeronautical ,Mechanical), and a profound understanding of fluid mechanics and turbo machines.
- With 4-7 years of industrial experience in rotating machinery design domain.
- Good knowledge of 3D modeling tools Creo or equivalent is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic Design software like CFTurbo/ BladeGen/TurboDesign or equivalent is advantageous.
- Good knowledge in Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly(DFA) is preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Ability to work in team
- Fluid Dynamics
- Rotating Machinery
- Service-minded and sharing
- 3D CAD modeling
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Goal oriented
- Customer oriented
- External: Regional/Industry Vertical Marketers/CTs
- Internal: Regional Product Managers, Marketing/Communications, Sales, R&D, Technical Application Support and Operations
(Additional preferences for a specific position.)(Bullets)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)(Bullets) Example Below:
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)(Bullets) Example Below:
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours