Continuous Improvement Specialist IberiaContinuous Improvement | Madrid, Spain, Spain
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, with over 17000 employees is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Partners with the Leadership Team to deliver key projects and continuous improvement activities to strengthen the CI and quality culture within the Iberia and Italy Commercial Team (CT) business. Uses voice of customer, voice of business and commercial intelligence from the ERP system, ServiceMax and other key systems and processes to guide decisions on improvement projects and to drive operational efficiency, customer service and revenue enhancements.
CI champion for the business, building capability by coaching and mentoring, running awareness events, and demonstrating how to use the suite of lean tools to solve business challenges. Making the connection between CI and Quality to achieve sustainable improvements.
- Partners with the Management Team to spread the CI culture with the aims of:
- Improving customer service
- improving internal processes
- gaining productivity, therefore better cost management
- improving overall capability of the organization in CI
- Facilitates idea generation sessions with leaders to create a program of CI projects to meet organizational objectives for revenue generation and savings
- Drives and manages all the ISO procedures
- Uses intelligence including NPS, voice of customer, ServiceMax, surveys and other data to prioritize projects and drive CI efforts into real improvements for customers
- demonstrated CI experience, for instance
- a) relevant CI certifications (lean, GB or BB..)
- b) demonstrated experience of leading CI culture and facilitating CI activities (e.g. VSM, Kaizens, CI events etc.....)
- Oversees a program of projects throughout the organization, tracking savings and revenue generation activities and supporting leaders to deliver on project objectives
- Facilitate, train and coach in the use of CI tools to approach problems and projects
- Drives employee engagement through promoting and tracking as needed gemba walks, point kaizens, idea generation sessions, ensuring success is rewarded through our reward and recognition program
- Reports on success stories and shares learnings across the organization, ie XylemNow and communications meetings
- Supports the highest value/most complex CI projects in the region as required, coaching others to build capability
- Taps into and grows existing CI talent in the business (black belts, green belts) and ensures they are used to support meaningful business improvement projects
- Is embedded in the broader CI community across Europe, takes best practices/ success stories from other CI teams, and adapts them to local environment as applicable
- Responsible of the quality system for the Iberia Commercial Team (CT) business. Working closely with process owners to make sure that CI projects are implemented and included in the quality system.
- Role model for One Xylem initiatives, using enterprise thinking and a collaborative, customer focused approach to solve problems
- Main driver to manage projects to review and increase business efficiency
- Proactively develops & supports a culture of ethics & compliance
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Min. 5 years CI experience (Required), with exposure to matrix organizations, business development
- Six Sigma Yellow belt certification
- Process improvement experience, as Lean Leader, Black Belt (Preferred)
- Relevant experience and certification as ISO internal audit and quality systems - SQMS
- Proven project management and leadership abilities in a matrix team environment
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Superior oral & written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at different levels in the Organization (Required)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) (Required)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (Required)
- Excellent Spanish and English language, oral and written (Required). Italian is a plus.
LOCATION: Madrid office
WORK MODE: Hybrid
SMART WORKING: 2-3days per week
CONTRACT: Full-time permanent
Travel requirement: 25% of the time