Student Ambassador (Imperial College London)College-University Recruiting | London, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 16.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Xylem University Ambassador
The Ambassador Program is targeting university students from all degrees who want to be the face of Xylem on campus, by promoting our mission to solve water and opportunities we offer to students. As a Xylem Ambassador you’ll be in charge of spreading the word about Xylem, promote and support activities as part of our global young leader program and drive engagement to solve world water challenges. You will extensively collaborate with multiple areas of our business including engineering, marketing and human resources to deliver activities across the university.
The ideal candidate will have a passion to solve the world biggest water challenges, able to work effectively in a team to reach a common goal, have strong time-management and communication skills and be motivated self-starter to promote the activities.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Actively assist in the running of events and projects organised by the Xylem team
- Represent the Xylem team at open days and other events on campus
- Actively participate in ways to deliver awareness of Xylem events at the University
- Establish and maintain relationships at the University and with the Xylem team
- Work with Xylem to learn and implement the company’s marketing strategy at events
- Understand the company’s vision, mission goals, products and services to represent the brand’s voice and personality at various events
- Deliver presentations and workshops as directed by the team
- Actively adhere to health and safety and safeguarding policies whilst working on projects and activities
- Complete paperwork and follow processes as directed by the Xylem team
- Providing administrative services as directed by the Xylem team
- Liaise effectively with staff in schools/colleges
- Provide information and guidance to new registers of projects and events
- Actively encourage and motivate young people to reach their full potential
- To promote events and opportunities via lecture shout-outs and posting details to online social and professional media groups
- Post videos and reviews about the company’s events and inviting friend’s to events via social networking sites
- To update lecturers, you have contact with on careers events and services
- Professional Development
- Network and build relationships with Xylem internally
- Be part of a global initiative to solve water
- Build brilliant skills for your future and CV
- Interact and collaborate with different part of Xylem’s business
- A friendly, positive attitude
- Passionate about water and solving water challenges
- Ability to work independently
- Time management skills
- Above average written and spoken communication skills
- Experience working as a team
- Committed to personal development and willingness to learn new things
Full training will be provided, and the post holder will be required to attend all relevant induction and training programmes.
Posts will be for one academic year in the first instance and are only open to current students.