Shipping ManagerOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring a Shipping Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: We are looking for a dynamic Shipping Manager to join our team at Xylem-Morton Grove. In this role, you will lead our Logistics team, offering guidance, training, and support, while also developing and implementing strategic logistics procedures to enhance the efficiency of our supply chain. Collaborating closely with internal teams, you will play a pivotal role in proactively managing outbound freight, ensuring a streamlined and effective shipping operation. If you are passionate about logistics and eager to make a significant impact in our supply chain management, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manages the Logistic team by providing guidance, training, and support.
- Develops and implement logistic strategies and procedures to optimize supply chain process
- Communicates with freight carriers
- Troubleshoot freight issues related to shipping in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Responsible for reporting Logistic KPI’s to senior leadership
- Collaborate with internal teams to proactively manage outbound freight
- Ensures department milestones/goals are met
- Identifies and provides solutions to process gaps
- Work with warehouse management team on the oversight and housekeeping of shipping warehouse
- Uses Power BI Dashboards and generated reports to manage daily shipment targets
- Daily monitoring of transactions and processes to eliminate shipping errors
- Resolve issues related to order inquiries
- Ensures shipping protocols and documents meet regulatory requirements
- Prepares and keeps records of goods shipped.
- Additional duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Logistics/Supply Chain/related field.
- Experience working in Fast Paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under short deadlines.
- Effective organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- 50% office environment, 50% within the shipping dock/department
- Nights/Weekends may be required dependent on needs
- Personal Protective Equipment: Safety vest, safety toe shoes and eye protection required per site safety requirements
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
The estimated salary range for this position is $88,500 to $159,500. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.