Field Service Technician LCS DieselSales | Kempton Park,
- Carry out professional service and emergency repair work on pumping and associated equipment at the customers’ premises and the workshop.
- Maintain all relevant documentation and reports for work undertaken, consistent with company policies and quality assurance procedures.
- Maintaining working environment and vehicle so that it conforms to all necessary ESH requirements.
- On-site commissioning and control panel settings to application requirements.
- Inspect and test products prior to dispatch to customers.
- Maintain service records using written records for future reference and to comply with all Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and feedback to support staff and customers on service and product related issues both orally and in writing where required.
- Participate in departmental meetings and provide input on rental activities.
- Actively participate in audits for QA and ESH systems and practices.
- Perform standby duties.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic with exposure to auto-electrical with a minimum of ten years’ experience, of which 5 years must be in a customer facing field service environment.
- Electrical qualification (max 400V/50H). Exposure to 400V control systems essential.
- Computer literate and proficient in the MS office suite of programs
- Valid driver’s licence code 08 or higher.
- Valid passports and willingness to travel.
- Exposure to CAT, Perkins, and Volvo industrial engines.
- The position is based in Richards Bay
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, locate and repair faults in auto-electrical control equipment.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Result orientated, whilst still being committed to fulfilling the requirements of Xylem’s QA and ESH programs.
- Passionate about continuous improvement and service excellence.