Embedded Firmware EngineerEngineering | Aguascalientes, Mexico, Mexico
We’re Hiring for a Firmware Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
The Firmware Engineer is responsible for development, troubleshooting, continuous improvement and engineering support of the Sensus portfolio of electric meter products and systems. This position provides designs that meet utility and industry requirements as well as internal requirements for cost effectiveness, accuracy, functionality, performance, and reliability. Key responsibilities of this position will include:
Troubleshooting, diagnosis, design and implementation of embedded firmware for highly complex customer issues related to electrical metrology and communications firmware.
· Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
· 4+ years professional experience writing and debugging C code for micro-controllers or DSPs in real-time embedded environments
· Understanding of fixed-point arithmetic, quantization, and related implementation techniques
· Ability to read and analyze C-compiler generated assembly code
· Experience optimizing C code for reduced memory and MIPs
· Experience writing firmware for device drivers and BSP-level functions ( SPI, I2C, UARTS, ADCs, DMA).
· Experience writing and troubleshooting firmware handling multiple real-time multiple data streams with bare-metal and RTOS designs. Experience with FreeRTOS a plus.
· Experience using JTAG debuggers
· Excellent communications skills, and fluency in spoken and written English required
Percent of Travel required 15% or less per year
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.