Business Development Manager - Chlorination W&T (m/w/d)Sales | Any Location - Germany, Germany
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Using your extensive knowledge in Industrial Markets and chemical disinfection, you will need to deliver growth and expand our Chlorination Disinfection Industrial customer base in EMEA while efficiently managing and developing our existing customer base. The role will focus on Chlorine dioxide and OSEC products.
The New Business Manager will provide both internal and external consultations. You will help develop, maintain, and deliver the right technical, solution product messaging, customer support, and training. You will foster cross-functional alignment to customer needs.
You will lead & participate in Market research, strategic planning regarding go-to market strategy, focus markets, marketing activities and campaigns and sales teams’ pursuit planning. You will also provide internal and external consultations where you will present and demonstrate prospective users on product / solution capability. You will provide valuable input for product development. You will also provide key training internally and externally on both vertical and product.
You will sell products and/or services to customers then transition the business to an account manager or relationship manager for ongoing maintenance and service after relationship is secure. You will be responsible for the development of new accounts and/or generating new business from existing accounts. You will pursue sales leads and visit customer sites within an assigned territory defined by geographic area, industry, or product/service segment to present bold and innovative solutions to customer challenges. In addition to face-to-face meetings, you will engage with customers remotely (e.g., phone, email, video conferencing,) to close sales. Success is seen in growth of funnel, business growth and increased conversion rates.
• Develop new customers within the region by actively prospecting and qualifying opportunities through complete discovery and completion of e.g. FIND packages by working with sales teams
• Determine the best applicable and competitive specification/ solution for customers problems / Provide subject matter expertise to the sales teams.
• Analyze growth opportunities & qualify sales leads and opportunities
• Establish relationships with all levels of prospective customers who influence or make buying decisions by working with the sales teams. Develop understanding of competitive products, accounts and value proposition versus the competition
• Identify Market opportunities and define strategic plans to deliver growth within Key market verticals.
• Proactive account development and ability to make sales appointments and penetrate accounts at all levels.
• Cross functional collaboration to build strategic understanding of customer needs.
• Fully utilize tools to monitor and report progress towards exceeding bookings and gross margin targets.
• Ensure smooth transition of new account bookings, including kick-off meetings, to Account Management and/or Project Management, including managing the submission of the complete job package.
• Works with all key internal departments to gather data and enlist support for strategic accounts initiatives to enhance the unique value proposition at target opportunities.
• Develop deep product and program knowledge of appropriate Evoqua product lines & coach on targeted product value propositions.
• Develop technical material and presentations for sales opportunities and takes lead on booking orders and holding kick-off meeting.
• Conducting Sales Presentation and Product Demos & other customer-facing activities – workshops, meetings, presentations, demonstrations, events and pursuit strategy planning
• Coordinate with product management team to ensure product requirements enable system solution requirements
• Ensure compliance with COA process and target margins for new business and process booking package
• Extensive, detailed, process knowledge in chemical disinfection
• Good communication, reasoning, and presentation skills
• Able to work in a team environment. Strong coaching skills
• Effective computer skills: Microsoft Office Software, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other Company and discipline specific software applications.
• Prioritization skills & time management.
• Strong writing skills.
• Experience in all aspects of process design (conceptual engineering and design)
• Be a point of reference for others for certain product groups
• Experience of leading or managing small teams made up of a range of different disciplines (process, mechanical, electrical, civil).
• Experience of working alongside a proposals department.
• Be experienced in all aspects of water treatment technologies, within their specific area of expertise.
• Fluent in English language
• Experience or background in Industrial markets including Chlorine dioxide/OSEC applications.
• Experience or background in Industrial applications such as Food & Beverage/Aquaculture and Pharma/heavy industry, Cooling towers.
This is a remote role which will require travel.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.
Feel free to visit us at www.xylem.com
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Recruiter Kelsie Hill - email@example.com