RMA OperatorOperations | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an RMA Operator who will work as part of the Customer Success Group to support various RMA activities but most importantly to handle the receiving and shipping of returned units. The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual responsible for receiving incoming packages, performing the corresponding clerical work as well as ensuring accurate packaging of outbound RMA units.
- Receives incoming shipments, checks for completeness and accuracy before delivering to appropriate personnel and /or location.
- Enters information and resolves discrepancies in customer secure management system.
- Prepares packages, large freight shipments (stretch-wrap and band pallets) and proper paperwork/documentation for the shipments.
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes and use a pallet jack.
- Experience using FedEx Shipping interfaces a plus.
- Must be able to communicate issues effectively in both oral and written terms with customers and co-workers.
- Keep work area clean and orderly (remove empty pallets) organize work station at the end of the day and respond to emails.
- Ability to use general Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint …)
- Adherence to best practices regarding industrial hygiene and workplace safety.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Associates degree (2 yr.) in General Business or similar related field, or High School diploma and prior shipping and receiving experience.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures or equivalent related experience.
- Extremely dependable and productivity minded; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong computer skills with particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel or similar software.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Highly organized and assertive; capable of managing multiple competing priorities.
- Work effectively with diverse team members in a collaborative team environment.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.