Planner/Buyer MRP LeadOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued, and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus USA, Inc, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Planner/Buyer MRP Lead at its Uniontown, Pennsylvania manufacturing facility. The Planner/Buyer is responsible for procurement and daily production planning required to support customer request date at the Uniontown manufacturing operation.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan, Procure, and Schedule direct materials assigned, to insure on-time delivery of products to Sensus customers.
- Interpret and implement production plans and forecasts with assigned suppliers. Requires clear communication with domestic and international suppliers.
- Monitoring daily production, react to and communicate changes internally and externally with suppliers.
- Identify schedule risks, proactively develop and implement risk mitigation plans with suppliers.
- Communicate supply chain risks with the Operations Team, weekly shortage review, past due PO’s.
- Evaluate, adjust and maintain data functionality of MRP.
- MRP Responsibility - Loading forecast and planning BOM’s for all products as required.
- AP Lead - Managing and resolving all AP actions required to support Cognizant’s Catalyst system, assisting Uniontown Planner/Buyer Team.
- Smart GEP Lead - Uniontown plant.
- Maintain cost and inventory levels to support Corporate annual goals.
- Support Xylem Corporate and Site Projects – Including - ISO; Physical Inventory; Phila Customer Order; Xylem Plastic molding transfers to UTN; Xylem GLO, Supplier Audit, Trade Compliance, SOX, Ethics and Compliance Training.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BA in Business or Supply Chain Management, plus five (5) years of relevant experience in procurement, materials planning, and supply chain in a manufacturing operation.
- Exceptional ability to analyze and utilize the ERP system, BPCS and Sensei
- Excellent knowledge working ability in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
- Ability to collect, interpret and present data as required for business reports
- Problem solving - with suppliers and within the plant
- Work cohesively within the Planner/Buyer Team
- Work as a team member and partner to the Operations Team - Engineering, Quality Assurance, Accounting, Shipping, Safety, and Inventory Control
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Work is typically performed in an office setting and includes the use of general office equipment
- Daily walking throughout manufacturing areas may be necessary based upon job demands.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Sitting, standing, reaching, and bending may be necessary
- May require occasional light lifting (10-20 lbs.)
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing environment subject to loud noises, moving machinery and equipment, and climate changes.
- Office is a typical climate-controlled office environment requiring the use of standard office equipment.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.