Field Technical SalesSales | Tampa, FL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Field Technical Sales position is responsible for demonstrations, training, trial installations and troubleshooting of equipment. Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the Pre and Post Sale of company products, and to provide technical sales support. Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review customer’s technical and commercial specifications with the intention of determining which AWS products best meet the requirements. Answers technical questions for distributors, representatives and end users. Technical resource for “system” knowledge of the following products:
- Groundwater Pumps and Systems including Turbines
- Variable Speed Drives and Motors
- Wastewater Systems
- Booster Packages
- Plans and conducts technical sales presentations to explain and demonstrate product features and advantages. Training conducted for Distributors, Dealers, Contractors. End Users and Xylem employees
- Provides scheduled and emergency field troubleshooting, technical support and system startup with focus on improving customer satisfaction, product promotion and warranty reduction.
- Interacts directly with customers to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for product lines through necessary means to internal and external customers
- Provides customer quotes for requested applications, providing the most effective and efficient solution to exceed requirements
- Reviews technical documents and assists in developing needed product support material
- Tracks customer and product issues communicating them to appropriate parties for resolution
- Trains channel partners on Xylem tools to maximize effectiveness
- Represents Xylem at Industry Shows and Associations and Events (Nationally and Regionally)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- External: Customer Base for the Region
- Internal: Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers, Product Mgr, Business Development Manager
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10+ Experience in the field and industry
- Minimum of 10+ Years Field Sales / Service Experience
- Good communication, organization skills, and computer literacy,
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior Oral & Written Communication
- Minimum of 5 years experience with hydraulics’ and principles of centrifugal pumps and electrical Supply
- Up to 70% travel required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- VBSS Greenbelt is preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is desirable
- Must be highly motivated with strong communications skills and the ability to work independently.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs), office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to carry and transport display material and tools necessary to perform training seminars and in the field diagnostics
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40+
- Travel requirement: As required to fulfill the duties listed above (typically 70%). Other travel both domestic and sometimes international as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.