Field TechnicianOperations | Branchburg, NJ, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Technician will be responsible for conducting cathodic protection assessments, repairs, installations and various testing procedures associated with cathodic protection. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Install, energize, and maintain cathodic protection (CP) systems.
- Plan and perform annual adjustive surveys, which includes measuring and recording structure-to-soil potential data, rectifier monitoring and maintenance, soil measurements and continuity testing.
- Locate pipelines and document positional pipeline information.
- Perform depth-of-cover and close-interval CP surveys.
- Document post construction site conditions for development of as-built drawings.
- Assist with the preparation of reports.
- Operate and maintain company assigned vehicle, tools and equipment.
- Coordinate and complete specific project task objectives with minimum supervision.
- Provide guidance to team personnel as required.
- Adhere to both PureHM and client’s operations and HSE procedures and policies.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Complete daily timesheets and expense reports as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- NACE Cathodic Protection Level 1 or 2 Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of practical cathodic protection experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas pipeline industry.
- Experience with CP system testing, and installation knowledge is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a driver background check.
- The ability and desire to learn new tasks.
- Able to use Microsoft Office
- Good verbal, written communication and computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong team attitude with commitment to customer service.
- Ability to manage time to maintain scheduling in order to meet appropriate deadlines.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is generally outdoors in various weather conditions and the physical demands may include but not limited bending, lifting, carrying and prolonged standing. In addition, this role may require more than 75%.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.