Sr. Dev Ops EngineerInformation Technology | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring for a Sr. Dev Ops Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Sr. Dev Ops Engineer. We’re looking for someone with a passion for being a part of a team dedicated to improving automation, monitoring and continuous delivery in a cloud-based environment. You should enjoy working with cutting-edge technology and not be afraid to take a different approach to solving technical problems. You should also be able to change directions quickly as the business environment moves. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Working on a DevOps Engineering team that interacts with and enables multiple teams.
- Using approved tools and processes, create Infrastructure as Code that can be reused by peer team members and teams.
- Creating and handling build or deployment pipelines for continuous integration to improve quality and availability of products.
- Collecting and analyzing data to understand and troubleshoot pipeline performance.
- Leading, designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving new and existing CI/CD solutions.
- Taking part in architecture discussions and knowledge sharing with other colleagues.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience with on-premise private clouds or public clouds (e.g., AWS , Azure.)
- 4+ years of experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery tools including builds and deployments (examples include Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, Bitbucket Pipelines.)
- 4+ years of experience with Ansible and/or Terraform or similar infrastructure deployment tool
- Experience supporting production workloads in a Linux environment.
- Experience orchestrating deployment of containerized microservices into a cloud-based orchestration framework such as AWS, Docker Swarm, or OpenShift.
- Experience with monitoring tools Datadog, Nagios, or a similar tool.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites.
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Helm experience
- Programming languages such as Python or a similar language
- Java-based microservices and Spring boot
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. Standard hours are 40 hours per week.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.