Master SchedulerOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This function will be responsible for defining, analyzing and maintaining the plant-wide planning parameters in MRP, including forecasting and supporting inventory processes for materials management. Overall inventory Turns and Days of Supply metrics as well as associated ABC metrics, MOQ’s and Safety Stock management to defined service expectations will be owned by this role. E & O review and reduction process as well as OTD and SOP assistance
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Tactical support of the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process including working with customer service and scheduling to ensure customer needs are met.
- Maintain responsible businesses supply planning models in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, and Operations.
- Participate in the development of the process and system changes necessary to enhance S&OP performance
- Responsible for meeting inventory projections, KPI Gross Inventory and turns
- Oversee part by part analysis of all inventory items assigned by product, including finished goods, Kanban WIP and raw material.
- Drives efforts to alleviate material planning, MRP, and kanban training deficiencies both within and outside of their materials team
- Assists Materials Manager in prioritizing IT efforts to develop information systems for Operations team. Critical team member on MRP/ERP improvement projects.
- Oversee OTD analysis and planning to meet goals and objectives
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Develop and maintain management reports as required
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to meet Xylem’s inventory objectives
- Provide assistance in Level Build planning
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5 years Operations/Materials experience
- 3 years Leadership experience (Engineer to order production environment preferred)
- Current computer skills (Microsoft Office, Visio, etc.)
- MRP / Kanban experience (SAP preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including ability to effectively coach, motivate, empower, develop and evaluate employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal customers.
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong bias for action, and effective change agent.
- Proficiency in managing and facilitating teams through problem solving and conflict resolutions.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field
- APICS CPIM (preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt / Lead Master certifications (preferred)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.