2024 Operations Leadership Development ProgramOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!The Role: The Operations Leadership Development Program is intended to develop talent within our Purchasing, Planning, Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Production, Materials, Sourcing Scheduling, and Logistics functions.
The program is a three-year program consisting of three rotation assignments which are driven by real business priorities. Rotational employees will acquire skills and abilities in leadership and to continuously improve our Operations functions. With this leadership development focus, Rotational team members will be set with higher expectations during and after the program. Deep, diverse experience is critical to the future success of program graduates.
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of program rotation. The Rotational assignments are intended to provide a broad exposure to the operations field leading to successful off program placement.
- Complete assignment objectives on schedule, within budget, with higher-than-expected quality while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness.
- Complete program trainings including Continuous Improvement Internal Certification.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply Operations engineering fundamentals in the business environment.
- Active participation performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring sessions.
- Demonstrate analytical / problem solving skills.
- Propose new analyses, techniques, and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Operations related program (Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
- Cumulative GPA greater than or equal 3.0/4.0 Overall
- Minimum rising senior in standing
- Willingness to relocate
- Prior internship experience in a manufacturing or related environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commitment to a career in operations and willingness to learn
- Ability to lead and work in teams
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- The 2024 OLDP candidates begin in July 2024
The estimated salary range for this position is $70,000 to $80,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.