Warehouse Attendant - All ShiftsOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for a Warehouse Attendant!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Warehouse Attendant will be responsible for supporting our Morton Grove, IL manufacturing operations.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Unloads incoming material from carrier checking material for identity and quantity. Signs freight bills and all related receipts and provides clerk with necessary records such as: bill of lading, packing slip, invoice etc. Places material in storage area or delivers to appropriate cost center.
- Receives, checks, identifies, stores and issues raw and in process material. Delivers material to designated areas or cost center.
- Oversees assigned area of responsibility making sure all stock is identified and kept in a neat and orderly manner and is obtainable at all times.
- Operates all forms of gas, electric or manual material handling vehicles and equipment such as but not limited to forklift trucks, aisle stackers, dollies and yard crane.
- Operates overhead crane from booth or by remote control from the floor. Loads, unloads and moves heavy material, parts and equipment to designated areas or cost centers. Hooks up material as required.
- Visually and/or dimensionally checks material, supplies, parts sub-assemblies and finished product for shortages, defects and non-standard conditions. Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortages, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and performs preventative maintenance as assigned. Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
- Must read, write and speak English
- Must have a working knowledge of mathematics (addition - subtraction - multiplication - division.)
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to extremes of heat and cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dust, and chemicals including cleaning solvents and paint, working on or around equipment with moving parts including forklift trucks and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outside and require exposure to inclement weather conditions. The physical demands may include but not limited to good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, kneel, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.