PainterOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
We’re Hiring for a Painter!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Painter will be responsible for the preparation painting industrial pumps and accessory equipment. Shop hours are 5:00am-4:30pm. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Operate pneumatic electrostatic paint application equipment.
- Accurately prepare paint to ensure proper adhesion.
- Inspect equipment to ensure surfaces have been properly prepared prior to applying electrostatic paint.
- Move equipment in and out of preparation and paint booth areas using a forklift.
- Properly store or dispose of unused paints or solvents.
- Clean, maintain and inspect painting equipment after each use.
- Comply with XDS and OSHA safety standards, procedures and regulations, including daily attendance of safety/tool box meetings
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Ability to properly operate pneumatic electrostatic paint application equipment
- 1 - 3 years of industrial painting experience - auto body, paint shop or vocational technical center experience preferred
- General knowledge of safety equipment including respirators
- General knowledge of paint booth equipment and proper housekeeping procedures
- Ability to operate and use basic hand tools
- General mechanical aptitude
- Work independently as needed
- Forklift certification preferred
- Knowledge of paint mixing, solvents, and corrosion control
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is subject to temperature fluctuations, noise, and fumes within limits of OSHA standards; use of Personal Protective Equipment and breathing apparatus required. The physical demands may include but not limited to standing for long periods of time, reaching, bending, and moving about the facility, and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.