Monitoring & Controls TechnicianOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Monitoring & Controls Technician is responsible for layout, assemble, and wire control panels for sale and rental panels. This position will have responsibilities that overlap the Electrical Shop for sale and rental equipment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble electrical panels and electronic systems. Position, align, and install subassemblies, wiring and components such as transformers, inverters, PLC’s, and relays on enclosures and subpanels according to layout and wiring diagrams
- Use common hand tools, drills, taps, knockout punches, saws, multi-meter and signal generator
- Read and follow Electrical Schematics in order to assemble and terminate all Inputs/Outputs to comply with the Scope of Work.
- Prep New equipment for sales I.E. Decal and Test operation following guidelines and procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies, and best practices
- Assure compliance with all established personnel policies and procedures.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and perform electrical repairs as necessary
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, controls, electrical pumps, and generator end issues
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Advanced knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Advanced knowledge of AC electric motors, up to 500v systems
- Advanced knowledge of 3-phase and single-phase systems and motors
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed
- Basic understanding electrical controls and monitoring devices
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFD) and/or soft start system
- Knowledge of SCADA controls and integration of MODBUS communication
- High school diploma of equivalent required, two-year technical training or equivalent preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Full range of physical motions (standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing) continually throughout 8 hours
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standard
- Shop, Field or Customer location: May work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery, etc., such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites and drinking water/wastewater treatment plants
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime, and on-call rotations)
- Travel to customer sites and/or alternate company locations (Less than 10% of the time)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.