Field Operator - Class A DriverOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
We’re Hiring for a CDL Flatbed Driver / Field Operator!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The CDL Flatbed Driver / Field Operator will be responsible for the delivery, recovery, and set-up of Godwin pumping equipment in a safe, efficient, and professional manner. In this role, the incumbent will also support the delivery, installation, and operation of Xylem equipment on Xylem Service Center sites and/or customer job sites. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits. Xylem will provide paid training for CDL upgrades (if applicable).
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Class A license with Flatbed experience preferred or willingness to upgrade Class B license.
- Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with the customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Perform visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage. Obtain customer’s signature on appropriate paperwork.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
- Ensure compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
- Travel locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites. Ensures pipeline, pump equipment and accessories are installed according to specification.
- Work independently or as part of a crew to install and dismantle pumping systems and pipelines on customer job sites.
- Review preliminary contracts to ensure all materials needed are identified and available. Update the sales staff should any materials change, or the initial job set up changes.
- Thoroughly inspect and evaluate the condition of pipe, hose, and fittings upon dismantling. Notify supervisor or site supervisor if any equipment is damaged.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- High school or general equivalency degree
- One to two years’ experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours to respond to customer emergencies.
- Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors/managers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read blueprints or other layout and design documents.
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, front-end loaders & telehandlers.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose and repair simple mechanical issues.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; Class A preferred or willingness to upgrade Class B license
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Prior experience operating heavy industrial equipment such as telehandlers, skid steers, etc.
- Department of Transportation Medical card
- Forklift certification preferred.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is subject to all outdoor weather conditions, exposure to loud noises and machinery with moving parts and the physical demands may include but not limited to a full range of physical motions, walking for 8+ hours, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds. In addition, this role requires travel and extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime, and on-call rotations.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed