Senior Solution Test EngineerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring for a Senior Test Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Senior Test Engineer who will work in the Engineering Group to provide end-to-end System Validation support to Sensus product lines. Products include water, gas, and electric meters, Automatic Meter Infrastructure (AMI) smart points, in-home-displays, installation tools, head-end systems, and more. The candidate will also work closely with Product Development, and SW Engineering to insure the delivery of quality products to Sensus customers.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Log detailed defect records for SW/FW engineering, including step-by-step instructions to recreate the fault
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suites
- Drive and help to establish best practices and testing processes
- Ability to work closely with IT, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and development end-to-end smart grid technologies
- Test all aspects of system including meter, base station, head end, and user interface behaviors
- Ability to help develop, set up, and manage test environments
- Ability to use statistical tools in solving problems
- Considerable knowledge of IT, HW, FW, and SW test methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a system verification related field
- Experience in System Integration of complex multi-product system networks with strong networking skills and interoperability background. (Prior exposure in smart grid applications/debug and utilities would be a plus)
- Working knowledge of data networking and communications protocols especially as applied to radio networks and WAN (wide area networks) is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Experience with:
- XML and Experience in formal automated test tools, scripting languages Java
- Validating GUI interfaces
- Linux and Windows Platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, and user interface testing
- AMI/AMR Smart Metering and Grid experience desired
- Experience to determine if test automation should use commercial tools and/or custom scripts coupled with the ability to develop automated custom QA solutions
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools
- SQL and Oracle database knowledge and experience with software configuration management is desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience testing Data Networking, Linux OS, Cloud-based environments, and/or computer architectures.
- Experience testing database applications, including basic knowledge of SQL, Oracle and/or Mongo databases
- Experience using Jira and TestRail or other development and test management tools
- Experience with creating and executing test automation a plus.
- Programming and scripting language experience a plus.
- Experience working with IoT or metering infrastructure products and components a definite plus
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. Standard hours are 40 hours per week.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000 - $135,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.